Servers With Attitude Highlight Dick's Last Resort, Opening in Newport
Mon, 03/10/2014 - 11:18 RCN Newsdesk
This article originally appeared on January 6 and now re-appears because Dick's Last Resort is opening on Tuesday.
WARNING: Dick’s Last Resort, a nationally-known restaurant Brand that proudly bills itself as “The Joint Yer Mama Warned You About”, will open at Newport on the Levee just in time for Opening Day.
Dick’s Last Resort is opening at one of Newport on the Levee’s premier locations. The restaurant and bar will anchor the corner of Third Street and Saratoga Street. It opens on Tuesday, March 11.
“We are extremely excited about serving and becoming a part of the Newport, Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati community,” said Ralph W. McCracken, Dick’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “When you come to Dick’s, you get to experience a very unique dining experience. We call it ‘Controlled Chaos’!! Dick’s serves great food and drinks, but what we really provide is a “Fun Atmosphere” with the opportunity for everyone to Eat, Drink, Laugh and Escape reality for a while!”
Dick’s Last Resort is known for its outrageous, sarcastic, and energetic service staff and tasty comfort food. With locations in tourist destinations such as Panama City, Orlando, Nashville, Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach, Dallas, Baltimore, San Antonio, San Diego, Chicago, Boston and Las Vegas, Dick’s Last Resort will provide a boost Northern Kentucky tourism by helping attract out-of-town visitors to Newport on the Levee and the region’s other attractions.
“We are excited about having this unique restaurant and bar come to the Levee, said Newport on the Levee General Manager Harold Dull. “Dick’s should do very well with our demographic and at this great location.”
Here’s how Dick’s lives up to his motto of “Fun for All and All in Fun!”:
- -Servers with an attitude who push social boundaries, but don’t cross the line with their sarcastic, fun-loving tongue-in-cheek verbal shtick with guests.
- -Specialty one-of-a-kind drinks with names like “Trash Can Punch” and “Killa Rita” etc. where you keep the glass as a take home Souvenir.
- -Freshly made appetizers like Wicked Gator Tail, Macho Nachos, Chickin’ Bites and Motha Cluckin’ Good Chicky Wings.
- -Buckets ‘O Grub featuring tasty combinations of barbecue pork ribs, chicken, fried shrimp, fish’ n chips and katfish.
- -A menu of freshly prepared dishes that include crab, steaks, ribs, burgers, seafood, sandwiches, wraps and homemade desserts.
- -Communal picnic tables, flat-screen TV’s, live entertainment – and never a cover charge.
“Dick’s Last Resort is a very unique restaurant concept built for groups of all ages who want to get together, have fun and make some lasting memories while enjoying great food made from scratch,” McCracken said. “You may even end up wearing a bib, a 2-foot tall paper hat with a humorous slogan, or be doused in paper napkins, but you will not be bored!”
Newport City Manager Tom Fromme welcomed Dick’s Last Resort to the city.
“This is great news! Dick’s Last Resort will be a big draw for Newport on the Levee and the region,” Fromme said. “It’s a perfect location at the foot of the Purple People Bridge and I am confident it will be a big success.”
Source: news release