Covington Launches Business Recognition Program
The City of Covington has established an annual Business Recognition Program to acknowledge businesses in our community that have contributed to the city’s economic vitality and is seeking nominations from all segments of the community.
Who is eligible?
All for-profit businesses operating in the City of Covington are eligible. Special consideration is held for businesses that have:
· Proven longevity as a business in Covington (we want to highlight you long-timers).
· Significant business growth over the prior year.
· Introduced a unique product, service or innovation during the prior year.
· Exceptional customer service as indicated by their customers.
· Proven contributions, enhancements to and involvement with the community and/or locally operating charities (examples include school mentoring programs, job/skills training programs, community support and/or program involvement, etc.).
· An occupational license, zoning permit and that are in good standing with the City of Covington.
How do I nominate a business?
Submit nominees by March 31, 2014 at 4pm by one of the following:
2. Mail or E-Mail to Suzann Gettys ([email protected]), City Hall, 20 West Pike Street, Covington, KY 41011.
3. Hand delivery at City Hall, 20 West Pike Street, Covington, KY 41011.
Nominations may be submitted by anyone who loves to live, work, play or innovate in Covington. If you are a business who is nominating yourself, please tell us about your successes. Multiple submissions from one nominator are encouraged.
Creativity is welcomed! We need the information on the application, but if you want to provide visuals, videos, storyboards, or other things, please drop them off at City Hall.
When is the celebration?
Businesses will be recognized on May 1, 2014 at a celebratory event hosted by the City.
Reception with Hors D’oeuvres & Cash Bar 5:30 – 6:30 pm
(at The Madison Event Center, our Event Sponsors)
Ceremony, Presentation(s) 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Please call Suzann Gettys in the Business Development Division at 859-292-2163.