Finalists Announced for NKY Business Pitch Competition
The Kentucky Innovation Network at Northern Kentucky ezone announced today that five companies have been named finalists in the Northern Kentucky Business Pitch Competition. The Kentucky Innovation Network and Kentucky Angel Investors are sponsoring the competition, which is managed by the ezone.
The five finalists are:
- Garret Frey, founder, EasySync – provides a smartphone application that increases the organizational skills of students.
- Casey Williams, co-founder, Linkedü – a social content sharing platform for teachers.
- Michel Guntern, founder, Travel Notes – an app that communicates an individual’s travel plans to their financial institutions.
- Matthew Miles and David Adbon, founders, Verdant Applied Sciences – developed tools that enable companies to reduce environmental impact, by recovering and reusing chemicals and solvents, while improving the bottom line.
- Bob Cassity, founder, Yves Law – offers a web application that provides hybrid legal solutions.
The finalists will receive coaching from the Northern Kentucky ezone and make their pitches to CONNETIC Fund founder, Brad Zapp, and other members of the Fund on May 27 at UpTech. The public is invited to attend by registering here. $1,500 in prize money will be awarded to first and second place.
“We are excited to help these entrepreneurs hone their presentation skills and business plans for the Pitch Competition on May 27,” said Casey Barach, director of the Kentucky Innovation Network at Northern Kentucky ezone, UpTech founder and Senior Vice President of Tri-ED. “It’s a tremendous opportunity for these startups to present to the Northern Kentucky-based CONNETIC Fund and win a cash prize.”
Applications for the competition were accepted from entrepreneurs and companies from 11 counties, including Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Carrol, Gallatin, Owen, Grant, Pendleton, Harrison, Bracken and Robertson counties. The competition is a collaboration of the many entrepreneur resource organizations – the Kentucky Innovation Network, Northern Kentucky Tri-ED, the ezone and UpTech – that support entrepreneur events and programs in Northern Kentucky.
Staff report/Photo via ezone Facebook page