Curb'd Announces Covington Parklet Winners
A total of 42 designs were submitted in conjunction with 11 local businesses to host a parklet in urban Covington.
Rounds of review considered durability, safety and design connectivity to the business before the selections were narrowed to 11 designs (one for each business) for final review. After a jury review by leaders in the local design community, five design teams and businesses were selected to create and install a parklet. Final designs were judged on the following criteria: Concept, Construction, Context and Connection.
The winning teams are as follows:
1. Business: Stoney’s Village Toy Shoppe; Design Team: John Noble & Team; Concept: Mountain/Tunnel/Xylophone
2. Business: Left Bank Coffeehouse; Design Team: Seth Trance & Harry Ross; Concept: WishIgloo
3. Business: Cutman Barbershop; Design Team: MSA Architects; Concept: The Boxing Ring
4. Business: Braxton Brewing Co.; Design Team: A+D; Concept: Hopscotch Garden
5. Business: Inspirado at Madison Gallery; Design Team: Hub + Weber Architects; Concept: Ride
Each design team will receive $15,000 to build and install their parklet. Parklets will be installed in early May 2016 and remain on display through October 2016 throughout Covington.
To view the winning designs, click here.
Curb’d is made possible through support from The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation.
- Staff report/Image: Hopscotch Garden, submitted by Braxton Brewing Co. and A+D