Sullivan University Wants to Get You Ready for College. Here's How.
Sullivan University is offering a free Get Ready! college readiness series at its newly-opened Sullivan University Center for Learning-Northern Kentucky in Fort Mitchell.
Sessions will be held on five consecutive Thursdays beginning in early August - Aug. 4, 11,18, 25 and Sept. 1 - at the Center For Learning at 207 Grandview Drive.
"The Get Ready! college readiness series is an excellent way for first-time college students or students returning to college to be prepared for the entire college experience, from successfully balancing life and school to study tips to writing a resume to learning about online studies and more," said Dr. Vicki Berling, executive director of the Sullivan University Center for Learning-Northern Kentucky.
"And this isn't just for students attending Sullivan University," Dr. Berling said. "Any student preparing to enter college or take college courses will benefit from the Get Ready! series."
Each session will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Following is the schedule of sessions and the topics that will be discussed.Participants may sign up for individual sessions or the entire series.
Successfully Balancing Life and School - Thursday, Aug. 4
- Sources of anxiety when going back to school
- Advantages of adult learners
- Characteristics of successful college students
- Time management strategies and avoiding procrastination
Study Tips and Tools - Thursday, Aug. 11
- How to earn credit for knowledge you gained outside the classroom
- Study strategies that actually work
- How to take advantage of our library and learning resources
Your Sullivan Support System - Thursday, Aug. 18
- Staff who are here to help you: student services and support staff
- Sullivan's policies on attendance, satisfactory progress and academic integrity that help ensure success
Successful Online and Blended Learning - Thursday, Aug. 25
- Online, blended and web-enhanced learning
- Dispelling online learning myths
- How to navigate Sullivan's learning management system and student portal
- Blended learning strategies
Your Future Career - Thursday, Sept. 1
- Interview techniques
- Resume writing
- Job search techniques
- Effective networking
- How to use LinkedIn
For more information visit www.sullivan.edu/nky-prep-