Riverfest 2016: Covington, Newport & Bellevue Road Closures, Other Rules
Riverboat Row closes at 8 a.m.
Columbia Street (north of 4th Street) closes at 8 a.m.
Purple People Bridge closes at 5 p.m.
Taylor-Southgate Bridge closes to vehicular traffic at 6 p.m. and to pedestrian traffic at 7:30 p.m.
Monmouth Street from 3rd to 11th Streets closes at 7:30 p.m. There will be no parking on Monmouth.
Dave Cowens Drive closes at 7:30 p.m.
North and South I-471 ramps to Route 8 (Exit 5) closes at 7:30 p.m.
10th Street between Saratoga and York Streets closes at 7:30 p.m.
4th Street Bridge closes at 8:30 p.m.
Licking Pike (Route 9) northbound at Aspen Drive closes at 9 p.m.
I-471 northbound will remain open during the event unless the safety of motorists determines that it needs to be closed.
All traffic leaving the event is being routed to I-471 or I-275. If you are directed to a route or direction that you are not wanting to take, please continue on the route as instructed, and once on the interstate, you can simply take any exit to get turned around if you need to. Due to street closures and the large amount of traffic, the direct route to your destination, may not be available.
When leaving Newport:
- At approximately 9:00 PM, Monmouth St will reopen and change to a one-way street going South to send all traffic to I471.
- All traffic West of York Street will be directed South to 12th Street. 12th St will be a one-way street going West to send all traffic to 275.
- After the event, the NKU buses will stage on Dave Cowens (Route 8) entrance ramp to I471 South for everyone that arrived on the buses.
- All traffic near Dave Cowens (Route 8) after the event will be sent to I471 North or South.
- DO NOT bring any Beverages, or ALCOHOL of any type into the venue. (Parents with infants may bring water, milk, or other simulated milk products.)
- DO NOT bring any Coolers, Grills, Tents, Large Umbrellas, or Large Chairs.
- DO NOT bring any Roller-skates, Rollerblades, Scooters, Motorized Vehicles, or Bicycles.
- DO NOT bring any type of PETS.
- DO NOT park your vehicle illegally, or anywhere that you would not park it at any other given time (such as: Expressways, medians, road shoulders, entrance ramps, exit ramps, roadway, or No Parking Zones)
- DO NOT bring or fly any Drones, Remote Controlled electronics, or any other flying objects.
- DO NOT bring any laser pointers or other light emitting devices.
- NO SOLICITING North of 4th St. without a Special Riverfest Vendors license issued specifically for the event.
- Plan on which side of the river you want to be on prior to 6:00 pm when most of the road closures occur. Pedestrian traffic closes at 7:30 pm.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to arrive early due to limited parking and road closures.
- Plan for long delays when leaving the event due to a large amount of vehicular traffic.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Small children should consider wearing hearing protection.
See information for Bellevue on the next page!