Local Brewery to Be Part of "Kentucky Proud" Beer Effort
A local brewery is among those across the state that will release five limited edition Kentucky Proud-infused beers.
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) and the Kentucky Guild of Brewers have partnered on the release of the beers.
"This is a great example of Kentucky Proud producers working together to create unique value-added products," Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles said. "We are pleased to work with the Kentucky Guild of Brewers to advance Kentucky's flourishing craft brewing industry while helping farmers find new markets for their products."
"The Kentucky Guild of Brewers is excited to announce our partnership with the Department of Agriculture that highlights the creativity, hard work, and great products we can make when Kentucky's farms and breweries team up together," said Derek Selznick, executive director of the Kentucky Guild of Brewers.
The Kentucky Guild of Brewers and the KDA teamed up 10 breweries and five farmers to create five unique beers that showcase the flavors of Kentucky agriculture:
- Against the Grain (Louisville) and Ethereal Brewing (Lexington) used Kentucky Proud peaches from Mulberry Orchards in Shelbyville. The Peach Sour Saison was released Monday with a ceremonial pouring and tasting at Against the Grain. A second tasting is scheduled Oct. 17 at 6 p.m. at Ethereal Brewing.
- Monnik Beer Company (Louisville) and Paducah Brew Works will use paw paw fruit from Kentucky State University in Frankfort. Release is scheduled Nov. 2 at Monnik.
- Great Flood Brewing Company (Louisville) and Ei8htball Brewing (Bellevue) will use pecans from Kight's Pecan Orchard in McCracken County.
- Goodwood Brewing (Louisville) and White Squirrel Brewery (Bowling Green) will use hemp oil from Kentucky Hemp Works in Christian County.
- Gordon Biersch (Louisville) and Apocalypse Brew Works (Louisville) will use sorghum from Townsend Sorghum Mill in Montgomery County.
A portion of the proceeds for these beers will benefit the Kentucky Guild of Brewers.
To find the complete release event schedule, follow the Kentucky Guild of Brewers on Facebook.
Photo via Facebook