Jerry Springer to Serve as Celebrity Ringmaster at Ludlow Circus
It has been twenty years since Jerry Springer starred in the box office bomb Ringmaster.
Springer, the former Cincinnati mayor and TV talk show host, returns to the role of Ringmaster on Monday night at Circus Mojo in Ludlow.
The one-time event is set for Dec. 17 at 7 p.m. at the Ludlow Theatre (322 Elm Street) for a fundraising performance.
350 tickets are available with a suggested $20 per ticket donation.
Proceeds from ticket sales and BIRCUS Brewing sales will benefit the Circus Mojo Community Foundation which provides free and discounted circus programming for youth across Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
Performers from Circus Mojo will perform aerial acts, circus arts, clowning, and more.
- Wire-walker and aerialist, Tate West, a Ludlow native and Dixie Heights 2018 graduate . She has performed circus in Europe and all over the local area. "I started circus just for fun with almost no expectations, but little did I know that through the circus I would travel to 3 countries and tour the US, all before graduating high school and luckily circus is now my profession," West said.
- Bradley Harris, Graduate of Ludlow High School in 2018, will perform his Diabolo act and his Clowning routine.
- Emmanuel Tawiah, Gym Wheel Acrobat and Juggler, originally from Ghana, began circus arts training in Chicago when he emigrated to the USA as a youth. He helped launch Circus Mojo in 2009. "As a kid my dream was to always bring joy, warm hearts and put smiles on faces, being in the circus industry allows me to do that without being a stand-up comedian," said Tawiah.
- Aerialist Alexandra Gonzalez, of Costa Rica, has toured for 8 years across Europe and has been serving as a guest coach in Ludlow for the past two months.
- Nathalie Girtgen, of Bamberg, Germany, is volunteering for a year with IJGD (the German Peace Corps), she is a gifted trapeze artist.