Covington Farmers Market Returns on Saturday! Here's a Look at What's New.
It’s that time again: Farmers Market season is here!
You asked for more farmers, better variety, and longer hours, and you got it! The only thing that hasn’t changed is our location. The Covington Farmers Market begins Saturday May 2 and will take place every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Third Street between Court and Greenup Streets through October 31.
The Covington Market is committed to creating better access to fresh foods for everyone by:
- Accepting WIC
- Providing engagement and learning opportunities
- Using our new mobile Market Tricycle. This mobile unit will made possible by manager Gus Wolf and will be funded by a Place Matters Grant from the Center for Great Neighborhoods. Grow the Cov will be facilitating the $2000 grant to purchase produce from our farmers and provide it after market hours to areas in urban Covington where access to fresh foods is limited. The best part? The produce will be free to recipients!
The 2015 Farmers Market will also feature a variety of returning and new farmers. Here are some you can look forward to:
- Greensleeves Farm, Alexandria
- Shady Grove Farm, Corinth
- Wolf Farms, Turner’s Station
- Fox Run Produce, Falmouth
- Parkland Homestead Sayler Park, OH
- Robertson Homestead Amelia, OH
- Back Acres Farm Georgetown, OH
- Pie Bird, Covington
- Chicago Don Hot Dogs, Covington
- The Gruff, Covington
- Green GRRRL Wisdom, Cincinnati
There will also be live music by the very talented Kristi Kruer from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
There may be some surprise agriculture and musical guests throughout the season, but you’ll have to be there to find out!
If this preview hasn’t gotten you pumped for the market, then hold on, we still have one more surprise! How about an evening market?
Every third Thursday of the month the Covington Farmers Market will be at Madlot! We’ll be hanging out with Braxton Brewery with some live music, and of course, good food. Stay tuned for more details.
Check out the website www.growthecov.org for more information about each of our vendors.
Are you a crafter, retailer, or nonprofit? Contact us! The fee is $15 per market or only $75 for the entire season.
To contact our Market Managers Gus Wolf & Lydia Cook please email [email protected].
“Eating is an agricultural act...” Wendell Berry, The Pleasures of Eating
From Grow the Cov