Member Login

Sheriff: 2 Found Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Car

A man and a woman were found dead inside a car in Gallatin County where the sheriff said Monday that carbon monoxide poisoning was to blame.

Sheriff Josh Neale, however, corrected a report from WCPO that indicated the couple had been having sex in the vehicle when they died. WKRC also reported that the pair had been having sex. "The Facebook post from WCPO is incorrect! Our apologies to the family and everyone that has read that!! Sheriff Neale stated that the couple was sleeping, not what was released. Channel 9 has been called and is correcting it," the sheriff's office posted on Facebook.

The couple may have been sleeping but left the car and its heat running as temperatures had dropped into the 40's that night.

David Long, 31, and Violet Iles, 25, died last Wednesday inside the vehicle in Glencoe. According to their Facebook pages, Long attended Holmes High School in Covington and Iles attended Scott High School in Taylor Mill.

Both families have set up online fundraising pages to assist with burial costs. Long's can be found here and Iles's is here.

-Staff report