Dangerous, Below-Zero Wind Chills in 7-Day Forecast
And, hello winter! Ridiculously low temperatures are headed our way starting Sunday night and lasting through much of the next week. How low? Single digit low.
An Arctic air mass is building across the region for the early part of the week, according to the National Weather Service. The combination of very cold air and wind will likely result in dangerous wind chill readings Monday night into Tuesday. The forecast shows that the wind chill could make it feel as cold as minus-7 degrees Monday night.
The NWS expects the wind to weaken heading into Tuesday night but reports that wind chill readings will still be very low.
Your 7-day forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Sunday Increasing clouds, with a high near 37. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- M.L.King Day A chance of flurries before 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. West wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 12 to 17 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -7. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday A chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.