Superintendent Screening Committee Announced by Covington Schools
Covington Independent Public Schools has announced the members of its superintendent search screening committee. The six-member committee is to consist of a member of the school board, a parent, a member of the district's non-teaching staff, a prinicipal, and two teachers. CIPS announced the members Friday afternoon:
- Jerry Avery, Board Member
- Suzanna Richardson, Parent Member
- Joyce Chenault, Classified Member
- Bill Bradford, Principal Member
- Jessica Duty, Certified Member
- Tom Bolser, Certified Member
Responsibilities of the screening committee:
- Paper screen all applicants.
- Check background and references of applicants.
- Adhere to board’s directions regarding the security of applicant files and confidentiality of applicant information.
- Report its recommendations to the board on the date and in the manner, prescribed by the board.
The screening committee merely recommends a candidate or candidates while the elected Board of Education makes the final decision.
SEE ALSO: Superintendent Search Begins in Earnest
Photo: Covington School Board meets with Mike Oder of the Kentucky School Board Association/RCN file