Road Construction Report - Feb 25
Here is the latest update on road construction in Kenton County from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet:
· KY 8 (River Road) – Slide repairs continue on KY 8 between KY 371 (Amsterdam Road) and KY 1072 (Sleepy Hollow Road) from the 0 – 3.9 mile-marker. The road will be closed to thru traffic 8:30 AM – 7:30 PM, during week days until work is complete. Local traffic will be maintained. West bound traffic should take Sleepy Hollow (KY 1072) as a detour and East bound traffic should take Amsterdam Road (KY 371).
· KY 1303 (Turkeyfoot Road) from College Park Drive to I-275 – Construction operations have ceased for the winter. Work is scheduled to resume in spring 2013.
· Taylor Mill Road – Southern End - KY 16 (From Sunbrite Drive to Klette Road) - Construction continues on Taylor Mill Road (KY 16) between Sunbrite Drive and Klette Road. Traffic patterns have been shifted to a different alignment on the new pavement. Access for Maple Road will be via a combined access point at Laurel Road, directly across from Hands Pike. Use caution and watch for flaggers and construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway. The speed limit throughout the project is reduced to 30 MPH.
· Taylor Mill Road – Middle Section - KY 16 (From Sunbrite to Blackstone) – Work to connect the North and South End of KY 16 has begun. At this time most operations will be off the highway and no access points have changed. It is important for motorists to use caution and watch for construction traffic that may enter and exit the roadway.
· Taylor Mill Road - Northern End - KY 16 (From Blackstone to I-275) - Taylor Creek Drive and Old Taylor Mill Road are open to traffic. In order to access Scott High School, Woodland Middle School or Floral Hills Cemetery, motorists may take KY 16 south to the Old Taylor Mill Road south entrance or they may use the new section of roadway to Old Taylor Mill Road. Sandmann Drive is permanently closed at the BP station and at The Farm Apartments. The new route to KY 16 can be accessed by Honeysuckle Drive, Honey Road and Old Taylor Mill Road. Motorists will have access to all businesses in the area. Please watch for flaggers and for trucks entering and leaving the highway. Limited road work until spring 2013.
Other construction notes from around Northern Kentucky:
I-471 SB FROM THE DANIEL CARTER BEARD BRIDGE/OHIO RIVER IN CAMPBELL COUNTY TO US 27 in Highland Heights -REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY\
· Work is being performed in the area adjacent to the I-471 SB ramp to I-275 WB. Traffic should use caution in this area and watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving the roadway along this ramp.
· Traffic may encounter flagging operations with short delays on Three Mile Road at the I-275 overpass as part of the work being performed in the area adjacent to the I-471 SB ramp to I-275 WB.
I-275 WB AT THE I-471 INTERCHANGE in Campbell County - REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY
· Work is being performed in the area adjacent to the ramp from I-471 SB to I-275 WB. The I-275 WB right shoulder is closed in this area. Traffic should use caution in this area and watch for construction vehicles entering and leaving the roadway from the shoulder.
I-275 (MP 77 to MP 82.4) IN KENTON COUNTY REVIVE THE DRIVE – NKY Interstate Bridges Painting Project
· Norfolk Southern Railroad over I-275 (M.P. 83.08 @ I-275 Bridge Painting Project) – Starting Thursday, February 21, 2013, the WB right lane will be closed for approximately 7 days for bridge painting. The closures will take place during nighttime hours from 10:00 pm until 6:00 am the following morning. Please watch for flaggers, traffic control devices and construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway.
· I-275 and I-75/I-71 Interchange - Traffic may encounter lane closures nightly on I-75 and I-275 as crews continue with painting operations on the bridges at this interchange. The roadway (both I-75 and I-275) may be reduced to two lanes of traffic between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM, and then to one lane of traffic from 10:00 P
· I-275 WB and EB (MP 76 to MP 79) over the Licking River - The left shoulder both EB and WB is closed in this area as crews perform painting operations on the Licking River Bridge. In addition, traffic may encounter nightly lane closures between 7:00 PM and 6:00 AM the following morning. Please use caution in this area and watch for trucks entering and exiting the highway. Watch for slowed traffic.
· On KY 17 at I-275 – Please use caution in this area as workers are present and watch for construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway.
· Work on this project and associated traffic restrictions will continue throughout the winter, weather permitting.
· KY 20 (Hebron-Constance Road) at the 18.9 mile-marker – Work has begun on another slide repair on KY 20 located at the 18.9 mile-marker, which is near the Walton Road. Crews will work during the hours of 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Saturday, weather permitting. Work will be confined to the shoulder, but motorists are advised to use caution when travelling through this area. Watch for trucks and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
· Camp Ernst Road (KY 237) from Rogers Lane to Golf Club Drive – As construction begins on this project, please watch for flaggers and for trucks entering and leaving the highway. Expect minor delays.
· Industrial Road (KY 1829) from Dixie Highway (US 25) to Turkeyfoot Road (KY 1303) – Except for off-road work, construction operations on this project have ceased for the winter. Motorists are advised that the speed limit is 35 MPH through this area. Final surfacing will be in the spring 2013.
· KY 36 Bridge Replacement over Locust Creek (4.9 mile-marker) – KY 36 (Milton Road) will be closed beginning Monday, March 4, 2013 through June 2, 2013 for a bridge replacement project over Locust Creek. A signed detour will be in place on US 42 and US 421 to route KY 36 traffic. Local traffic will have access.
· KY 36 & KY 47 Intersection – Construction will begin on Monday, March 4, 2013 at the KY 36 / KY 47 intersection to make safety improvements to the railroad crossing. Local detours will be in place. Construction to continue through April, 2013.
CARROLL AND GALLATIN COUNTIES
· I-71 NB and SB (38 – 56 mile-marker) - A pavement rehab and resurfacing project is in progress on I-71 Northbound and Southbound. Crews will be working from 7 PM – 10:00 AM on weekdays and from 7 PM Friday thru 10:00 AM Monday. Lane closures will be in place. Motorist should be aware of possible lane closures, crews and equipment.
- Corinth-Stringtown Road (CS 4009) Bridge Replacement Project – The Contractor has started the first phase of this project and will continue through the winter, weather permitting. Watch for equipment and trucks entering and leaving this area and the adjoining Highway; US 25. There will be an increase of truck traffic as the contactor begins moving material in for the embankment of the bridge. Watch for flaggers at the approaches to the bridge. The speed limit is 25 mph through this project. Please slow down and use caution while traveling through this area.
· BARNES PIKE 3-Lane Improvement from U.S. 25 (KY-3025) to I-75 interchange (via Barnes Road Corridor) – Traffic has been switched to the new Barnes Road alignment. A new entrance is in place for the Library and the new ACCESS ROAD has been open to access the Pharmacy and other businesses from the rear parking lots. Watch for the trucks, equipment and personnel in the area, as the contractor will continue to work during the winter Weather permitting. With the construction work in close proximity to the traffic and the congestion in this area the speed has been reduced to 25 mph. Use caution while traveling through this area.
- Cynthiana Bypass - Motorists should be aware of any construction traffic that may enter the roadway along US 27, US 62, KY 32, KY 356 and KY 36. Please be alert to construction equipment and vehicles as you travel along these roadways in the vicinity of the by-pass construction. Smiser Road is accessible from US 62.
Source: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
Photo: Taylor Mill Road construction/RCN