Demolition Makes Way for Schneider's Sweet Shop Expansion
Schneider's Sweet Shop in Bellevue knocked down the building next door so that the candy store can expand its operations and offer outdoor seating to its guests on Fairfield Avenue.
The business's owner, Jack Schneider, told The River City News that he had wanted the circa-1889 building removed for twenty years. It had fallen into disrepair and was in bad shape and will now allow for a locally-owned independent business to grow. Schneider's opened in 1939 and is now operated by its second generation.
The building was brought down during a rainy Saturday morning.
Below are photos from the beginning of the demolition. Follow Schneider's on Facebook for updates.