Member Login

8 People Homeless After Fire Causes $100,000 in Damages in Newport House

Eight people were displaced from their Newport home on Sunday after a fire caused $100,000 in damages.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that an overheated outlet that powers an air conditioner is to blame.

Seven adults and a child were displaced from the two-family home on the 800 block of Roberts Street. The Red Cross is assisting them.

The fire was knocked down in thirty minutes by fire crews from Newport, Covington, Bellevue-Dayton, Ft. Thomas, and Southgate, WLWT reports.

Video: WKRC