Kenton Library Kicks Off Summer Reading Club
The Kenton County Public Library is celebrating 92 Days of Summer Reading (www.92days.org) this June through August. There is a club for everyone in the family:
Adults: for every book read or program attended, a raffle ticket it earned. Drawings for gift card prizes held weekly.
Teens: Open to anyone starting grades 6-leaving 12!
· Read any book, graphic novel, eBook, audio-book, magazine…
· Record what you’ve read online at www.kentonlibrary.org/src or fill out a form at your library’s reference desk.
· One winner per branch will be drawn every week for prizes like:
o iPod Touch
o Beats Headphones
o Kindle Fire
o Nintendo DS
o Makey Makey
o King’s Island Passes
o Grand Prize: iPad Air
Children ages 2 -12:
Children can pick up a reading log at any of the three library locations. Once children read or listen to five books, they earn a book. Once they read 10 books, they win a summer reading club t-shirt which was designed by artist C.F. Payne. Children will also be entered into a grand prize raffle to be drawn at the end of summer for their choice of a Nintendo 3DS or Kindle Fire HD. Children can continue to read for more chances to earn entries into the grand prize drawing.
The Kenton County Public Library kickoff celebrations will be held Friday, May 30 and Saturday, May 31 with the following events:
Erlanger Branch: Friday, May 30, 1:00 pm-9:00 pm
Super Epic Summer Reading Kick-Off: Heroes & Villains @ Your Library!
· 1:00 p.m. -- Watch "The Incredibles" rated PG
· 3-5 p.m. -- Open crafting stations for all ages. Make a superhero or villain accessory, while supplies last!
· 4:30-6:30 p.m. -- Photo Booth with real superheroes!
· 5:00 p.m. -- Costume Contest, with categories for everyone! Registration is open until 5 p.m. at the Reference Desk.
· 6:30 p.m. -- Free pizza sponsored by Snappy Tomato Pizza.
· 7:00 p.m. -- Watch "Thor: The Dark World", rated PG-13
Covington Branch: Saturday, May 31, 12:30 pm-4:30 pm
· 12:30 p.m. – Frisch Marionettes present “A Jungle Book: Story of Mowgli’s Fire”
· 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. – Kick off Summer Reading Club with a selection of animated shorts from Shakespeare: The Animated Tales.
· Teens After Hour Program 6-8 p.m. Must have permission slip.
William E. Durr Branch: Saturday, May 31, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
· Summer Reading Club Kickoff Carnival for children ages 0 – 12.
Plus in celebration of 92 Days of Summer Reading, follow our blog at http://kentonlibrary.