Izzy's Partners with Braxton Brewing Co. for Beer Dinner
On Thursday, August 13, Izzy’s will host a beer dinner 7:00 p.m. at its Ft. Wright location on Highland Avenue featuring a selection of beers from Braxton Brewing Co.
Attendees will enjoy a three-course meal comprised of an appetizer, entree and dessert, paired with three unique top craft beers – Trophy, Storm and Dead Blow. The cost to attend is $25 per person and includes a complimentary beer glass.
Featured Braxton Brewery Craft Beers:
- Trophy (5.0%abv): Trophy is a hop forward American Pale Ale that is single hopped and dry hopped with Hull Melon. This hop brings tremendous characteristics of honey-dew melon, apricot, and strawberry flavors and aromas. The crisp malt background has enough body to support the hop flavor and aroma to bring you a crisp, clean, traditional pale ale.
- Storm Golden Cream Ale (4.8%abv): A traditional American lawnmower beer, this golden cream ale features a medium body with a creamy palate feel. The aroma is a balance between subtle corn and malt-like notes with a very slight earthy and spicy hop presence. Pale straw in color with brilliant lightning-like clarity, Storm makes a great session beer being low in alcohol and bitterness, but complete with flavor. However, unlike the typical cream ale, no DMS or harsh corn like aroma is present.
- Dead Blow Tropical Stout (7.2%abv): Dead Blow is a tropical version of the Foreign Extra Stout. Eighty pounds of macerated dates made its way into this brew, partnered with a Dry English Ale yeast to provide a vibrant fruity/tropical aroma with a slight amount of fruity esters. The Dry English ale yeast helps this beer attenuate lower, however leaving a residual sweetness on the finish as well as increase the fruity characteristic received from the Dates. Dead Blow is a dry, roasty, fruity, full bodied, smooth stout, that is lighter on bitterness.
- Appetizer: NEW Goetta Balls
- Dinner: Pastrami Reuben
- Dessert: NEW Key Lime Pie
For reservations, contact Brian Ramey at 859-331-4999 or visit http://izzys.com/reservations.
Staff report/Photo provided