Traffic Advisory for Sunday's Honor Run in Florence
The 2nd annual Honor Run Half Marathon will run on Sunday, November 15 beginning at 7:00 a.m.
The race, which is a rolling 13.1 mile course throughout the City of Florence and parts of unincorporated Boone County, will start and finish at the iconic Florence Y’all water tower.
Events include the Half Marathon, 2-Person Relay, and Kids One Mile.
The scenic tour includes the following landmarks:
- Florence Y’all Water Tower
- Florence Mall
- Mall Road Business District
- Houston Road Business District
- Turfway Park Race Course
Streets along the race route will be closed from 6:45am and will reopen once the race is complete.
All proceeds from the run will go to Honor Flight Tri-State and will help send local veterans who served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam to Washington D.C. to view their respective memorials.
Join in on Veterans Day Weekend and help honor those who have served us. Register at www.honorrunhalf.com.
For more information, call 859-802-9923 or go to www.honorrunhalf.com.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY - Honor Run Half Marathon - Sunday, November 15
The best route of travel to get in and out of Boone County during race from 6:50am - 10:30am will be US 42. US 42 will be open in both directions during the entire event. Motorists can then use Hopeful Church Road after 7:45am, and Pleasant Valley Road anytime to get in and out of the Burlington area. If possible, it is best to avoid the areas around Mall Road, KY 18 near Mall Road, Houston Road, Turfway Road, and Aero Parkway for the duration of the event.
- Mall Road will be CLOSED in BOTH DIRECTIONS from 6:50 am - 7:30am from KY 18 to the 71/75 entrance ramp just before Crossroads Church.
- ONLY the southbound lane of Mall Road will reopen at 7:30am. The northbound lane will remain closed until 10:30am.
- Mall Road will remain OPEN in both directions from US 42 to the 71/75 entrance ramp during the entire event.
KY 18 (BURLINGTON PIKE):
- BOTH DIRECTIONS of KY 18 will be CLOSED at Houston Road from 7:00am - 7:45am while race traffic goes by.
- KY 18 will reopen in both directions at 7:45am. KY 18 will be temporarily blocked by Florence Police on an as needed basis as race traffic crosses over from Ashley Furniture to Mall Road.
HOPEFUL CHURCH ROAD:
The northbound lane of Hopeful Church Road will be CLOSED from 6:50am - 7:45am. The southbound lane will remain open. Both directions of Hopeful Church Road will reopen at 7:45am.
- Houston Road will be CLOSED in both directions from 6:50am until approximately 10:30am from KY 18 across Turfway Road up to roughly Pat Day Drive.
- Houston Road will be OPEN in both directions from Donaldson up to roughly Pat Day Drive.
- Anyone that needs access to St. Elizabeth Florence should come to the Hospital on Turfway Road.
- Turfway Road will be CLOSED in both directions from Cracker Barrel until O’Hara from 6:50am - 10:30am.
- Anyone attending Christ Chapel Church should approach the church off of Donaldson. Florence police will allow people into the church parking lot when there are breaks in race traffic.
- Both directions of Aero Parkway will be CLOSED from 6:50am - 10:30am.
Staff report/Image provided