Covington Library to Host Free Business Workshops
On Wednesday, April 6 and Wednesday, April 20 the Small Business Association (SBA) and SCORE will present a two-part seminar to provide you with the basics needed to start a business. It will also tell you how to find the resources you need in order to evaluate your business idea and bring it to reality.
Topics covered in the first workshop include:
1. A skills assessment to help you determine if running your own business is right for you.
2. Some of the myths about running your own business.
3. How to develop your idea and identify your customers.
4. How to develop a marketing and sales plan.
Topics covered in the second workshop include:
1. What your need to know about financing your business - especially cash flow.
2. How to fund your business.
3. Options to starting a business.
4. How to find the right resources.
Both workshops will be held at the Covington branch of the Kenton County Library at 502 Scott Boulevard. The workshops begin at 6:00 p.m. and end at 8:00 p.m.
Presenters will include:
Mr. Glenn Clevenger: Manager of the SBA Cincinnati Branch Office
Ms. Nicole Pickard: SBA Lead Economic Development Specialist
Mr. Richard Dumaine: Business Owner & SCORE Management Consultant
There is no charge to attend the seminars, but by those interested should register at www.kentonlibrary.org to reserve a seat.
- Staff report/Photo: Covington library (RCN file)