Five NCC Students Selected for Governor's Scholar Program
Five juniors from Newport Central Catholic High School have been selected to represent NCC in the Governor's Scholar Program this summer.
This prestigious five-week study program provides academic and personal growth in a non-traditional experience at Northern Kentucky University, Morehead State University, or Murray State University. Students were selected on the basis of test scores from the PSAT, SAT or ACT. Their unweighted GPA and difficulty of course load was also taken into consideration. Students submitted a writing entry and demonstrated what they have done in the areas of extracurricular activities and service.
The five students are:
- Bradley Blanchet - son of Shelley Blanchet of St. Therese Parish
- Joel Grosser - son of Scott and Jane Grosser of St. Therese Parish
- Blake Huber - son of Gregg and Joy Huber of St. Therese Parish
- Pete Miglio - son of Tony and Betsy Miglio of St. Bernard Parish
- Anna Schneider - daughter of Eric and Mary Schneider of St. Therese Parish
“Having five students selected from Newport Central Catholic is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our students and to the stellar academic and character programming at our school. We cannot be more proud of these five students, and the teachers who helped foster their growth,” said Jason Huther, principal at Newport Central Catholic.
- Staff report/Image via Facebook