Sullivan University Among Kentucky's Best Places to Work
For the fourth time, The Sullivan University System has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
Sullivan was one of 30 companies in the state selected in the large-sized employer category – those employing 500 or more employees in the United States – as part of the 14th Annual Best Places to Work in Kentucky Program.
“We are extremely proud of our selection as one of the best places to work in Kentucky,” said Glenn Sullivan, president of The Sullivan University System. “Given that this is our fourth time being recognized, it's apparent that the tremendous working environment is engrained in our culture. I have said it before, and I’ll continue to say what truly makes a company great is its employees, and we have the best. This recognition goes to the people who enjoy their working environment, which leads to a more passionate and committed faculty and staff. And that translates into better performance and higher student satisfaction.”
"The Sullivan University System,” President Sullivan said, “is the best place to work and the best place to learn.”
Created in 2005, the awards program is a project of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management, and the Best Companies Group. This statewide survey and awards program is designed to identify, recognize, and honor the best places of employment in Kentucky, benefiting the state’s economy, its workforce, and business.
“The Sullivan University System’s faculty, staff, and administration are reminded how meaningful their jobs are everyday when they see their work change the lives of their students,” said Melissa Lowe, vice president of Human Resources at Sullivan University System.
Sullivan University System's examples of a great workplace include:
· Free education for employees and their families.
· Employees can earn rewards such as extra time off, a gym membership and cash rewards for taking steps to get healthier.
· Through agreements with other businesses, employees can receive discounts at restaurants, auto repair shops and attractions such as amusement parks.
· Employees are provided access to Teladoc, which offers 24/7 phone consultations with a physician concerning medical issues.
· On-site Medication Therapy Management services to assist employees and their families in better managing their prescriptions and making educated medical decisions.
· Free flu shots.
· Community service initiatives. Sullivan raises approximately $15,000 annually for the American Heart Association and faculty and staff prepare a Thanksgiving dinner that serves about 800 people each year at the Salvation Army.
· An employee service recognition program that honors years of service.
Companies participating in the Best Places to Work in Kentucky program are evaluated in a two-part process to determine the winners. The first part consists of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25 percent of the total evaluation.
The second part consists of an employee survey to measure the employee experience at the companies. This part of the process is worth approximately 75 percent of the total evaluation. The Best Companies Group then sorts and interprets the data, determines the rankings, and produces Employee Feedback Reports.
The winners were announced Thursday. The Sullivan University System will be recognized and honored at the Best Places to Work in Kentucky 14thAnnual Awards Dinner on April 17, at the Lexington Convention Center in Lexington. The final winner rankings will be announced at the event. A magazine recognizing the winners and their final ranking will be released for statewide distribution at that time.