NKY Chamber Announces Changes, New Members of Board
The Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce announced changes to its board of directors for 2018-19.
Jim Parsons, a partner at the law firm Keating Muething & Klekamp, will serve as chair.
Parsons has been active with the NKY Chamber for more than twenty years and has served on the board since 2010.
Dan Cahill, of HORAN, will serve as chair-elect, meaning that he will take over next year. Rhonda Whitaker, of Duke Energy, will now be the immediate past chair.
Jason Payne of Republic Bank will serve as treasurer.
Geralyn Isler from Business Benefits Insurance Solutions will serve as secretary.
“The NKY Chamber’s role is to lead, connect and advocate and I look forward to working to improve our region so that our area continues to prosper,” said Parsons. “I am excited to get started and thankful to have such a talented board and staff to assist with that effort.”
Board members named to Vice Chair and Chair-Appointed Executive Committee positions for the 2018-19 term include:
Vice Chair roles:
· John Nienaber, Heritage Bank – Vice Chair, Public Affairs
· Shelley Funke-Frommeyer, FFR Wealth Team – Vice Chair, Membership
· Wonda Winkler, Brighton Center – Vice Chair, Women’s Initiative
· Dustin DiChiara, Chick-fil-A Mall Road – Vice Chair, Workforce
· Jeff Rosenstiel, Graydon – Vice Chair, Leadership Advisory Council
· Ryan Heitkamp, ARMOR – Vice Chair, Business Growth & International Trade
Chair-Appointed Executive Committee roles:
· Garrin Colvin, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
· Mark Exterkamp, BB&T
· John Hawkins, Pathfinder / MPI Consulting
· Patrick Hughes, DBL Law
· Jay Wuest, PNC Bank
In addition to the members who were appointed leadership roles, the following individuals were newly elected to the board:
· Gaby Batshoun – Global Business Solutions, Inc.
· Thomas Deere – Corporex
· Chuck Heilman – J.A.C.C. Inc.
· Brady Jolly – Jolly Enterprises
· Ray Takigiku – Bexion Pharmaceutical
· Brian Todd – Clark Schaefer Hackett
“This is a strong board made up of small business owners and top executives representing every facet of the Northern Kentucky region,” said Brent Cooper, NKY Chamber president and CEO. “These business and civic leaders are dedicated to growing our economy and making the NKY region the best place in the country to live, work, play and raise a family.”
While the transition of the Board of Directors occurred September 1, the official passing of the gavel will take place during the NKY Chamber’s biggest networking event of the year - Annual Dinner, Presented by Fifth Third Bank - on Thursday, September 20 at the NKY Convention Center from 5 pm - 8:30 pm.
Photo: Jim Parsons (provided)