Worker Electrocuted in West Covington
A man died while working on a house in West Covington on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened at 602 Altamont Road where the man was operating a cherry picker while tuck pointing a home when he came into contact with a high voltage transmission line.
He is believed to have died instantly, a City of Covington spokesperson told The River City News.
Covington Fire Department responded to the scene at around 1:40 p.m. and contacted Duke Energy to turn off the power before they could get to the man.
The victim has not yet been identified publicly.
He is believed to have been an independent contractor working at the site.
This story may be updated.
-Michael Monks, editor & publisher