NKU at Halfway Point of Fundraising Effort for Student-Athletes
Northern Kentucky University is almost halfway to its goal of finding 240 Norse fans to donate at least $18 for 240 student-athletes as part of the Go Norse Fund's "$18 for 240" initiative.
The goal is to raise funds to support academic success and to provide essential resources for achievement in the classroom.
As of last week, 115 donors answered the call with $6,000 raised.
Two weeks remain in the initiative which closes on November 19.
The “$18 for 240” campaign revolves around student success as 240 Norse student-athletes tallied a 3.0 GPA or better over the course of the last 18-consecutive semesters.
Funds raised during this initiative will be used for technology upgrades to the Thomas J. Kearns Academic Lab in BB&T Arena and the Student-Athlete Academic Lab in Albright Health Center.
NKU student-athlete academic highlights, provided by the university:
- 3.39 grade point average for the 2019 fall semester
- 3.61 grade point average for the spring 2020 semester, with every team in the department posting at least a 3.34 and six programs posting a very impressive 3.74 team GPA or higher
- 22 percent, or 46 Norse student-athletes, achieved a perfect 4.0 GPA in Spring 2020
- 105 Norse made Horizon League Honor roll in Spring 2020
- The department finished with a 3.5 GPA for the 2019-20 academic year, marking the sixth-consecutive semester that Norse student-athletes surpassed the 3.37 threshold
To support NKU's student-athletes by joining the $18 for 240 initiative, please visit impact.nku.edu.