Member Login

Fire Destroys House in Latonia

This story has been updated.

A house in Latonia was devastated by fire late Sunday night/early Monday morning, burning to the ground.

It happened on the 3300 block of Latonia Avenue.

It is believed that the house was vacant. The house is located at the same corner where contractors working for the City of Covington reported a gas leak on Friday, forcing an evacuation of nearby blocks.

Workers will continue their street project on Latonia Avenue, as scheduled, said City of Covington spokesperson Dan Hassert. It is not believed that the fire was related to Friday's gas leak, he said.

The home had recently been purchased, according to property records. It was in the process of being renovated, as recently as Sunday, he said.

This story will be updated when more information is known.

-Staff report

Photos by Justin Meyer

Slideshow Images & Captions: