NKU to Host Free Small Business Workshop on Google Maps
In honor of National Small Business Week, May 1-7, the Kentucky Small Business Development Center network is partnering with Google to host a statewide event, Get Found on Google Search and Maps, on Wednesday, May 4. The event will help businesses claim their local listing and introduces Google My Business, a free tool that allows businesses to manage their information across Google.
“Research shows that 97 percent of consumers search the Web to find local goods and services, but only 37 percent of businesses have claimed a local business listing on a search engine,” said Becky Naugle, director of KSBDC. “This event provides an opportunity for businesses to create a public identity and presence on Google.”
In today’s technological world, having a consistent and accessible online presence is a necessity.
“Google My Business is a fast and easy way for businesses to manage their online presence with Google,” said Shawn Rogers, KSBDC program manager.
This statewide event will take place at 11 sites. The link for the Northern Kentucky University event registration is http://kysbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/8194.
- Bluegrass SBDC in Lexington, 859-257-7666
- Eastern Kentucky University SBDC in Richmond, 859-622-1384
- Elizabethtown SBDC, 270-765-6737
- Louisville SBDC, 502-625-0123
- Morehead State University SBDC, 606-783-2895
- Murray State University SBDC, 270-809-2856
- Northern Kentucky University SBDC in Highland Heights, 859-448-8801
- Owensboro SBDC, 270-926-8085
- Pikeville SBDC, 606-432-5848
- Southeast SBDC in Middlesboro, 606-248-0563
- Western Kentucky University SBDC in Bowling Green, 270-745-1905
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center, part of the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, is a network of 13 offices located throughout the state. The center helps existing and start-up businesses succeed by offering high quality, in-depth and hands-on services. KSBDC is a partner program with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
For more information on KSBDC services, visit their website, http://www.ksbdc.org/.
- Staff report/Image provided